There is a full-time Associate Attorney position available at McIntyre Elder Law for an extremely bright and talented attorney. A successful candidate will need to have a passion for elder law and fighting for others in need, have strong interpersonal and communication skills and an excellent eye for detail. Strong research skills, the desire and ability to review Medicaid and VA applications and create plans for benefit approvals is critical. The ability to develop and manage relationships with clients and other firm members is paramount to driving personal and firm success. Experience in estate planning, asset protection and elder law is a plus, with a passion for helping clients in challenging life situations, navigate complex estate planning processes, Medicaid and Veterans Benefits planning while providing peace of mind for clients and their family members. The ideal candidate will work great with a team in a team environment and join a growing firm. Our team and lead attorney are extremely motivated and you should be too!
- Meeting and advising clients regarding asset protection, estate planning, powers of attorney, living wills, deeds, Medicaid planning, Veteran’s Aid & Attendance, etc.
- Conducting effective legal research, analyzing data and providing legal solutions for the needs of our clients.
- Effectively communicating with clients, staff and others in person, via phone and emails.
- Meeting with clients to explain and assist them with executing their estate planning, asset protection, general durable powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, Medicaid and/or Veteran’s benefits documents etc.
- Graduate of an accredited law program and licensed to practice law in the State of North Carolina.
- Minimum five or more years of experience in elder law, estate planning, Medicaid Planning and Veteran’s Aid & Attendance. Strong knowledge of legal research, laws and regulations related to elder law, Medicaid, Veterans Benefits, estate planning, estate and trust administration.
- Ability to maintain high levels of professional conduct, communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively manage, organize and complete high caseloads.
- Client service oriented, ability to assess clients’ needs, empathize, assist with challenging life problems, and deliver quality services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner, comfortable with technology and ability to quickly learn unfamiliar software.
- Salary plus Commission Pay based on experience.
- Malpractice Insurance Paid.
- CLE Paid.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- North Carolina Bar Licensure