Digital Blockchain Trust (DBT) Whitepaper

Theoretically, a Digital Blockchain Trust or DBT for short, is a type of digital instrument that holds information. The information tracks your crypto holdings and acts based on certain information. For example, if you were to pass away, the DBT, once it verifies your demise as a Verifiable Death Event (VDE), would instantly preform a set of preset instructions. You may set up the DBT to instantly split 20% of your crypto holdings and send it to a charity of your preselected choice. The other 80% being split amongst your children who will receive an email, text, or additional type of communication that prompts them to set up a password to access their Sub Trust Wallet (STW). The STW would require them to verify their identity through a set of pre-scripted identity verification points (IVPs) and set up their password and two factor authentication methods to access their very own digital crypto wallet. An alternative to this would be to send their percentage of your crypto in the DBT to their existing crypto wallet. Let’s say you have college age children and don’t want to give them everything all at once. You can easily build your DBT to make deposits to the STW for each child over time, let’s say a period of years. You may choose to giver the 10% of their share per year for the next 10 years starting when they reach 25 years of age. Walla, your trust has been administered.

What is missing here? Well, a human trustee would generally handle all the trust administration. However, in a DBT the trustee is essentially the information or set of instructions encoded in the DBT. The DBT acts on your preset instructions. This avoids any chance of fraud or misuse of funds by a trustee and ensures that the instructions encoded in your DBT are carried out exactly as you intended. You are essentially acting as the trustee through the DBT after you have passed away. This is a massive improvement over traditional trust documents and is the future of estate planning.

As more and more assets move to a digital blockchain world the ability to safely and securely administer these assets when the asset owner passes away will become increasingly important. We intend to be at the forefront of this new(ish) blockchain frontier. You may put off planning for the future, but the future has a plan for you either way. It’s your digital choice.

Greg McIntyre

Crypto, Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney

Blog Categories
Get the Latest Updates
Greg McIntyre, JD, MBA

Meet Greg McIntyre

Greg McIntyre, founder of McIntyre Elder Law, is more than just an attorney. As a Navy Veteran, father to six kids, and a loving husband, he values family deeply. This drives his commitment to helping clients safeguard their futures and pass down legacies.

Greg has a passion to help people. Beyond just legal advice, he loves having conversations and strives to build a long-term relationship with every clients that comes through his door.

Connect with Greg

Act now to secure your legacy and protect your loved ones.

At McIntyre Elder Law, we’re dedicated to assisting North Carolina families, seniors, and their loved ones as they plan for the future.

Whether you need to prepare for future long-term care, access Medicaid or nursing home benefits, or need help settling a loved one’s estate, we’re here to support you.

Contact us for a complimentary consultation to take the first steps towards safeguarding your lifestyle, your legacy, and your family’s wellbeing.

Before you go!

The Elder Law Handbook

Your comprehensive guide to safeguarding your financial well-being and ensuring your legacy stands the test of time. Download the FREE handbook today.

By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from McIntyre Elder Law. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.

Skip to content